The following are the steps you must take to adopt a dog from us:
- Ensure you meet our Prerequisites.
- All adopotions are by appointment. Please call 713-504-1224 to discuss your preferences and schedule an appointment. Calls are answered seven days a week between 7am and 7pm Central time. We respectfully request that you honor these times. Due to the high volume of calls we receive, voicemails are not accepted and voicemail messages will not be returned. If you are initially unsuccessful in reaching us, please call back.
- Visit our facility at your scheduled appointment time.
You will meet with one of our adoption counselors and visit with the dog of your choice. If you wish to visit more than one dog during your appointment, every reasonable effort will be made to accomodate you. Please discuss this when scheduling your appointment.
- Make an adoption decision.
Our two guiding principles are quite simple: to find the right dog for you and to ensure that you are right for the dog. We must achieve both principles for an adoption to be approved. Your adoption counselor will assist you in this determination.
- When your adoption is approved, complete the Adoption Application and sign the formal Adoption Contract. We do not publish these documents online.
- Pay the adoption fee. For information on how we determine adoption fees, please read the OUR FEES page in this section.
- Take your new dog home with our sincere congratulations. We will always be here for you and your dog.