The demand for Poodles and Poodle mixes far exceed the supply. Therefore we will only contact you (by phone) if we have a dog that meets your criteria.
The following are the steps you must take to adopt a dog from us:
- Ensure you meet our Prerequisites.
- Complete and submit the Interested in Adopting form.
- All visitations are by appointment only. Poodle Rescue will contact you if we have a dog comparable to your questionnaire. If you do not hear from us, please resubmit your questionnaire quarterly, as they are NOT recurring.
Our two guiding principles are quite simple: to find the right dog for you and to ensure that you are right for the dog. We must achieve both principles for an adoption to be approved. Your adoption counselor will assist you in thes determination.
If we call you with a compatible match, we will
- schedule an appointment at a mutually convenient time for you and your family to meet and visit our adoption center and Poodle Park
- watch the interactions with the family
- exchange questions and answers.
If we both feel confident about the decision to adopt, we will move forward with an application.
At that time you will
- receive your medical records,
- pay the agreed upon adoption fee, and
- take your dog home.
We accept cash, Visa, Master Card, and Discover.